If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of others, we have an opportunity for you! We are seeking an experienced property manager that can help guide us to the next stage of growth and development. Entre Nous Femmes Housing Society provides affordable housing that is geared towards the needs of single-parent families and seniors. Our mandate is to be an innovative and recognized leader by supporting community in the provision of safe, affordable housing options. ENF was founded in 1984 by three women who wanted to provide safety, security and stability to their children and other single parents with children. “Entre Nous Femmes” translates to “between us women” and represents a housing philosophy that supports individuals and families through inclusive and participatory practices.
This is a permanent full-time role including an employee benefits package. This role is responsible for the management and operations of ENFHS’s social housing portfolio to ensure the highest level of service is provided to our tenants
Hours of WorkUp to 32 hours per week. Flexible days determined in consultation with the Executive Director Some evening and weekend work may be required
Salary$41,600 - $54,000 annually. Salary dependent on experience and qualifications
- Overall responsibility and oversight of the assigned portfolio that consists of residential units and in accordance with operational service agreements
- Tenant relations including coordinating and processing tenant housing applications, preparing agreements, coordinating vacancies, liasing with tenants about policies and processes, attending some evening meetings and providing resolution and mediation as needed
- Provide communications to the Executive Director on financial performance, property operations, capital project execution and tenant relations
- Supervision of contractors and trades and contracting for property needs as required such as maintenance, security, cleaners or other professional services
- Perform administrative functions including monthly management reports, resident correspondence, building notices and updating of key building information such as insurance, resident information etc.
- Maintain and update property management database
- Maintain regular site visits/office hours of assigned portfolio
- Act as a liaison to external associates, partners, stakeholders, funders and other professional associates
- Verify tenant incomes annually and on an on-going basis to meet operating agreement requirements
- Maintain and manage operating budgets and expenditures
What You Bring
- Post-secondary education in business or real estate
- Minimum 3 – 5 years property management experience
- Knowledge and experience in non-profit housing
- Experience in property management database systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
- RPA or CPM designation will be considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience in building maintenance, systems, preventative maintenance and capital planning
- Knowledge and experience with the Residential Tenancy Act
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally and able to manage stressful situations with tenants
- Self-motivated, professional, and flexible
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Valid Driver’s License and access to reliable vehicle
- Criminal record/vulnerable sector check
We politely ask to not call in regards to this job posting. If you would like to inquire please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications via email to Lisa Clement, Executive Director, [email protected] or via the form below.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. We thank all candidates for your interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.